Sunday, September 17, 2023

Field Notes- The Day After Nothing Happened. No Hurricane. Sunshine today.


 When I grew parsley in the herb garden....yes a specific garden- herbs like a dry crumbly soil- I added sand and some small rocky bits.......I would wash and roll the parsley leaves like this, freeze in a heavy duty plastic bag- like the one in the picture.....  then slice off what ever amount I needed...with the same knife you see here.....I could have taken this photo in my house.  My cutting board looks the same as well. And my rubber bands.  I loved seeing a photo (on a food server) that could have been taken in my kitchen.

Rule #7- Don't borrow trouble. Imaginary things are harder to bear than the real thing.

I imagine quite a lot of things each day......and they are hard to bear.

My brother emailed from northern Georgia during the "hurricane" here in Maine.  We had wind gusts... that knocked a lot of acorns off the trees....the sun came out often.  It rained a bit. And was for the most part...just a wet windy Maine Day.  94,000 lost power on the coastline. Not all in Maine.  I kept him notified and then we signed off.

Today it's like it all never happened.  Husband is already napping.  He got up, dressed, read the paper and did his word search puzzle........now he is napping.  The bruise on his forehead looks worse.  He says it doesn't hurt- I applied Arnica to it.  He read the Sunday paper and then asked if I was ready to do the Monday grocery shopping.  It's like that......here.

The Sunday Grocery insert has a two slice cheesecake being offered.....with whip cream and strawberries. I think I will buy this tomorrow.  I was thinking Tiramisu.  If they have that in small servings- I will get one or two.  The Universe Provides.

In years PAST.......I would have a pot roast cooking in the oven.  I'd make mashed potatoes.  Cole Slaw.  Gravy. And have that for the Birthday Week.  Not any more.  I was the ONLY ONE eating it.  And I don't know why I stopped cooking.......you should cook for yourself......I should.  But I stopped.....and that is a real shame. I have a feeling most of the women reading this don't cook.......I know Paula does. Who else out there still cooks????


3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I DO cook,but I’m tired of it.

LindaSonia said...

I have diabetes and must make balanced meals so I still cook but that doesn't mean I like it - Ugh HaHa
Glad to hear you weren't threatened harshly by the hurricane.
Did I hear birthday Week?? Have a happy!

MariMo said...

I never cook, Larbi does all the cooking since the day we moved together, which is 50 years ago (May 1st 1973). He's an excellent cook, and loves doing it - better than meditation (his words).