Friday, September 29, 2023

Field Notes- Friday September 29th. Chilly...Decided to do what is called Death Cleaning.


 So, the ins and outs of a shower chair purchase....this was the one I chose...then daughter brought home another.. So we have the other.  VERY MUCH like this one...no cross bars under the seat and no blue seat.

I keep trying to send messages to daughter on husband's iPhone.  They don't go anywhere.  He has the stupid Cloud thing.  My son the computer genius will have to get rid of it. All of it.  Then the iPhone can be mine or not- it's so damned LARGE.  Heavy.

I need a BELL. So husband can call me to come help him to bathroom instead of trying to get there SOLO. He has been seriously depressed since the doctor's visit....yesterday.  I guess he thought there would be a shot or a pill and he would be just fine....... Baby Monitor????? Instead of bell?

My goal for today is to fill a few garbage bags with stuff....I called it Death Cleaning to the RN who dropped off doughnuts..(she shuttered)..Frosty's-   a Legend in Doughnuts here in Maine.  The Glazed yeast doughnut is Heaven!!! Seriously...and I had just made a fresh cup of coffee.  Patty says they freeze well.....good because one is going to be enough sugar and fat for a WEEK.

I started in the area around the sink in the kitchen....a magnet for junk.  One small bag already filled. Everything else was fine in recycling box.

I have been in a state of....do nothing --for a few years now....maybe since COVID began and I stopped being social. teaching classes etc.  Being out and about.  I am thinking I was and am depressed.

Now I think I need a box of large Town Garbage Bags....Filled with crap I have been ignoring.

There is a tub I need to investigate...no idea what it is filled with- bags?

Sorry content here will be boring as all get out....I don't have a lick of cheerful or happy in me right now...Husband has shut down and just looks away when I ask questions....so he gets lecture on his behavior.  His sulking.  His refusal to speak.  His refusal to eat or drink.  His refusal to get out of bed. 




2 comments:

beverly said...

Joanne hang in there. That shower seat is what I have for my spouse, you might want to purchase a grab bar I have the kind with suction cups. I don't have a shower but a bathtub with a long shower hose that I can bathe Spouse with. I had a baby monitor but quit using it.

A bell sounds good but it might drive you crazy if he rings it all the time. I tried that to but now he is completely bedridden as he has a bad foot so can't walk without walker and does not want to walk.

sending you many many hugs
Beverly

DianeN said...

I used a baby monitor for my mother when she lived with me during her cancer battle. It worked very well. She could just talk and I would hear her. I had tried a bell but it drove me to the point of madness and she didn't like it, either.

I am sorry things are so very difficult for you right now, Joanne. I don't have any advice and I'm not going to tell you what to do. Everyone has to muddle through things like this to see what will work and what won't. I can only tell you what worked for me in my situation and hope that in some way it helps you.

Remember to care for yourself first when you can. You matter very much.