Saturday, September 16, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, September 16th. Windy. Not raining.


 So..we went to bed thinking the hurricane winds would knock out power.  We're still up and running. Knock Wood.

It's windy but not the howling wind of a hurricane.  Yet.  If.  The Twins are out on their battery operated vehicles. Using them in ways they were never meant to be used.  One example the motorized racing car is pulling the wheeled cart (for the garbage can) with a boy riding on the back. I checked to make sure they both had shoes on.  I was told to report them if they passed by bare footed.  Shoe Policewoman.

Husband tripped and fell on the porch steps - while out getting the morning paper...I was asleep.  He has a large red welt on his forehead.  Last time- years ago- when he did this- on an ice covered step- he hit his mouth.  And wow....just wow regarding the amount of blood.

He is now taking a nap.  He read the paper and ate breakfast in between so...I am not worried about him sleeping.  You know- Concussion protocol.

It's darkening up....so it might start raining.

I found a Library offered web site-- I wrote down hundreds of romance titles going back to 2013.  Some I had read and forgotten but most of the titles were new to me.   I used to read Murder Mysteries and Thrillers.  I moved on to Romance later in Life.  I missed out on so MANY BOOKS.

Well, sounds like my cup of coffee is ready.....gotta go...

No comments: