Monday, February 06, 2006

For Deborah

Deborah and I have been talking about using a stamp to make a logo for business cards and for the sale of our art. I saw this very nice lost wax method silver pin in a catalog and thought immediately of Deborah. To the right is an artist's business card. A scrap of batik is handsewn to cardstock---all of this artist's work is custom and handmade. Above a small printing of branches and leaves on a card. A tutorial suggests one, two or a maximum of three colors on a card. A suggestion of trying out fonts you find on antique cards or other sources. To the very far right--a card with hand dyed ribbon and thread knotted to one corner. What would your card say about you?

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh, you are so thoughtful! And you have such great taste... and you really know the kinds of things I like. I like the idea of a ribbon looped off the corner of a card. I was reading a bit of Gloria Page's new book and she mentioned handcarving a personal logo -- but also cautioned that it's ok if that logo changes over time. It should! I thought that was good to consider.

Sonji Hunt said...

This summer, I made all of my business cards before I went to a fair or event. I hated it after a while because they were all hand sewn with my fabric and hand stamped paper. I think that I went a bit nutso with it. There's got to be some place in the middle that makes for a personalized and unique artists business card without too much work.