Thursday, December 21, 2017

On The Twenty First Day Of December


Solstice.  When the sun is at it's lowest and weakest point.  But still shines brightly today.  It may not have much warmth here in Maine.  But I am happy to see it rise.  Happy to see it's light reflecting off the white snowfall.  The "Turn Around Point".

My spirits are low.  In Germany they called this time of year "The Dark Times".

So... I'll straighten my shoulders, pull up my socks and just get on with it.  Pretend to be happy.

I had to sternly call Riley to the door to go outside this morning.  He had decided NOT to go out with me for the morning paper.  He did go out. But only to the top step on the porch.  And then back inside without doing any "morning business".

Cream of Wheat for breakfast and the other half of my Minestrone soup for mid day.  With cups of  hot tea.  The jaw bones still stiff, but not as bad as it was.  Bones making cracking sounds.  But not as painful.  Getting better, I think.  I sometimes forget.  Which I take as a good sign.

Haircut tomorrow.  Bad weather tomorrow.   I think.

And speaking of Germany--I found something called Krikelkrakel on a German fiber artist's blog.  Mark making.  On fabric.  I quite like it.  I loved it on paper so why not love it on fabric?

Happy Solstice to All.




1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

We are FINALLY getting some moisture (in the form of snow) today. It is 20°F today with a wind chill making it even colder. No tree at home this year. Too much furniture in a small house. Plus the old man and I are not exchanging gifts this year: we are replacing the carpet instead. The old man doesn't like Christmas movies or music so I attempt them on the computer. It just doesn't feel like Christmas this year. Except in my heart! And so, Merry Christmas to you and your family.