Thursday, December 07, 2017

On The Seventh Day Of December


Go shopping.  And instead of lunch...have breakfast.  We visited one of the original Diners made of what look like little railroad cars.  And I had two eggs, bacon and two pancakes.  Divine. Patty had the Tuna Melt with home made potato chips.

My friend and I drove all over the southern part of Maine.  We drove home in the dark.  We visited LLBean (French linen blue shirt with white woven stripes--I plan to wear it 24/7), Old Navy where we put together fabulous outfits for three of Patty's family members, the Freeport Church Thrift Shop (lovely linen hankies and an embroidered card table cloth for $3),  the breakfast for lunch, then the Christmas Tree  Shop where we wandered around and got lost several times.  I finally purchased two jars of Elderberry Jelly and six packages of Bird Suet.

After that we adjourned to Trader Joes.  Filled our carts with all manner of fruits, candy, wine and I purchased a single bottle of brown ale and a package of candied ginger for my Annual Gingerbread Cake.  I already have the lemons.  I offered to pack my own groceries.  The cashier was happy. I also returned carts to the store front from the parking lot.  I like things to be orderly.

We came back home and then G and I went out for dinner.  I had wine and the Limoncello Tart.  And a big salad.

I do not like driving with my husband.  He tailgates.  Patty does not.

With Patty ....we made u turns on highways.  We changed lanes when we shouldn't have.  We got lost. We did all sorts of things (Patty learned to drive in Boston).  I never gave it a thought.  It was really an amazing day.

Tomorrow we bring the tree into the house.  And before that I have a chair and some other furniture that needs to go someplace "else" or to Goodwill. To make room for the tree.  And Riley needs to put all his 100's of dog toys back into the baskets.


2 comments:

DianeN said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day. You deserved a day of fun. ��

Life Scraps and Patches said...

What a lovely day! Good times and good food! Happy for you!