Tuesday, December 05, 2017

On The Fifth Day Of December


We are still working on changing the lights on the big 48 inch wreaths we hang on the front porch for the Holidays.  Two now have the new LED light strings.  The little "clicker" we used to turn  the lights on and off is no longer "findable".  Well, G is doing this.

That is the way things are going now.  Can't find.  Don't know.  Forgot.  Not something I wanted to deal with just yet.  But Life is what happens when you are making other plans. G has added put the trash out to his phone reminders.  I am going to suggest he add "eat lunch" to the reminder list as well.  Riley serves as his own reminder for the daily walk.

My Holiday potholders need to be sandwiched and pinned and then quilted (I think I may have already mentioned this).  I will then need to make binding.  For the edges.  Auto correct just wrote "endless" instead of "edges".  Perhaps a Freudian slip?  The binding of anything seems (is) quite endless.  I purchased Kahlua for the  Holiday boozy chocolate bundt cake. Looking forward to it.

The Christmas Tree--purchased early......is still on the porch.  Not even in it's tree stand.  I had wanted to have it in here where I could enjoy it longer this year.  But it's not to be, I guess.  Not that the room is ready to receive the tree.  I will need to rearrange and prep the area.

I did find a large glass container full of old glass ornaments.  In the cabinet next to the fireplace.  It must have made sense at some point.  I still am looking for the rectangular glass vase I grow paperwhites in.  I remember emptying it and rinsing the stones (I have them right where I usually store them) but the glass vase is nowhere to be found.  I usually spent 15 to 20 minutes each day looking for it.  Crossing areas off my list.  It's 12 inches tall and 6 by 10 at the base.  Not small.

I only have today--work tomorrow.  So, I must get as much done as I can.  Today.

We have working, new radiators in the two "new" bathrooms.  It's very, very nice.  The entrance hall  is also being warmed by the new radiator that's now there.  The plumber thinks some of the "cold" in the house is caused by the thermostats being in the wrong spots.  Like behind doors.  At some point they will be moved to better locations (making new holes in walls).  I have a feeling that the builder of this home (the wife) wanted the thermostats "hidden" from view.  And thereby--made the house feel cold all the time. It's always something you never expected it to be.

Because we haven't fixed the new toilet paper holders to the walls yet (had no idea where they would go until the rads were in), the rolls sit atop the new radiators.  Heated toilet paper.  A lovely idea.

Watched Rogue One on Netflix last night and realized that everything we might want to watch is now owned by Amazon Prime.  Not Netflix.  In fact, Rogue One was the ONLY movie we saw in the line up that we wanted to watch.  Time to cancel.  Watched the 6th and final season of Longmire.  I know there were a number of people waiting to watch that on Netflix and then cancelling their membership.

We are also watching Good Behavior on TNT on Demand.  We watched season one last November and now watching season two.  It really should have been titled Bad Behavior as nothing they do is anything but BAD.  The guy's job is killing people.  For money.  The woman steals.  And for some reason we, the viewing public, find them in need of our attention.  In between, I watch Space.  Last night it was the Hubble Telescope and then a little planet circling Saturn.  Which may have liquid water.  I could look at Hubble photos for hours.  So incredible and beautiful.

I'll be back.





1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Warmth at your house, at least in your bathrooms and hallway. Wonderful, finally! Let me know if you want directions for sewing on the binding by machine.