Friday, December 15, 2017

On The Fifteenth Day Of December


Making.   That's the "Rule of the Day" for the 15th.   Pizza is on the menu for dinner here at home. I have pepperoni, mushrooms, and red bell peppers for toppings.

I have to make G's gift.  Handwarmers out of socks.  His hands are always cold and early on,  I very quickly, made hand warmers out of an old pair of cashmere socks I have (to sleep in) but they are now getting quite frayed.  So a new pair with carefully turned and stitched edges.  Perhaps two pair.  The hand warmers out of socks leave the whole of the "finger section" open so all normal things can be done with bare fingers.  There is no fold back portion on these.  Just very simple.

I also have a stack of prefolded but "not as yet cut" pentagons.  And after cutting I will be, hopefully,  folding the remaining, much needed, stars.  Four.  I folded 8 pentagons, just in case. Who knows, I may go "rogue" and send out more than 12.

I also have to make a fabric gift for my daughter's friend.  The letter M embellished.

I can also begin wrapping gifts, mailing cards and starting on my cookie and cake baking.  Closer to the 24th I will be making Polish Pierogi-  cheese only for our daughter.  Sauerkraut and Potato for G and I.  We deliver the Cheese Pierogi to our daughter's fridge on Christmas Eve.  Like Elves.  For me, The Holiday is all cooking--all the time.  I often make my cookies after Christmas so my deadlines are flexible. Well, all "time" is flexible when one is 71 years of age. The knees--not so much.

Time is also being set aside for the Star Wars Movie.  But NOT today.  Everyone will be trying to see the movie today and into the weekend.  We don't "do crowds" especially in a movie theater. Way too many "odors".

I am now "on the fence" as to the Christmas Card.  Do I make or do I choose a commercial card as I did last year?  I could also look thru the drawer full of cards and see what I have.  I had intended to get a good start on the cards at Art Co-op.  Which was cancelled because of the storm last week.

So, I must decide.  I do not have much time left.

And the garage doors are stuck.  The opener can't make them go up or down.  G says we can do it manually.  Okay.  And we might need an emergency call to the garage door company.  Just saying....

And best of all--I don't go to work tomorrow.  Yippee!

No comments: