Wednesday, December 20, 2017

On The Twentieth Day Of December


Stayed up (later than the dog liked) to watch--- an Irish cop show.  I forget the name right now.  Season 3 seems to be available but I watched the 3rd episode of season two to try and be reminded.  Jack Taylor.  That's it. Should have subtitles.  Difficult to understand and they are speaking English.

I have a pot of Quick Minestrone Soup (recipe from the feed that shows up on my computer--NYTimes) cooking.   I had everything in the fridge except for greens (no kale).  I do have  Romaine lettuce. But I think that might dissolve.  I had Petite cut tomatoes and tiny white beans in the cupboard. I could have also used dry black eyed peas. I may add a handful of dry macaroni to the pot once it looks and tastes like soup.  You can usually make "something" if you have onions, celery and carrots. I think it's also good to have some canned goods and a few potatoes.  It would have been fantastic to have some cabbage in the crisper.  I'll add it to my shopping list.

The eating of soft foods is giving my jaw bones a chance to resettle.  Less pain and less of the bone cracking sounds.  Soup will be a good thing to have for supper.  I am tired of cream of wheat 3X a day.

We had topiary, like the ones on the table up above, in the greenhouse at work.  I wanted to add bows to make them look more like gifts.  Like the ones up top.  Once upon a time, my holiday tables looked like this.  When there were more than three of us.  The wooden table even resembles the table we had in our dining room in Germany.  With "wings" that opened and slid into place when there were more than four.

We often had parties then.  The house filled with people.  I miss that.

I didn't wrap any presents.  I wrote and mailed one additional Christmas Card.  I haven't read either of my two books but I had to renew them as they were due this week.  We didn't even turn on the tree lights yet.  I am feeling sad.

This happens when I am away from the "busy-ness" of work for any time.  There is too much quiet here.  Nothing happens.  Even the dog is bored.  I will adjust.  I always do and then regret having to return to work because I have so many projects going.

Tomorrow the guys from the garage door company are arriving to install new opener motors etc.  It will add some excitement to the day.  For G and the dog.

No comments: