Wednesday, December 06, 2017

On The Sixth Day Of December


Still no Christmas Tree.  One gift purchased.  Still coughing.  Raining here in Maine.  Finished reading Nina George's Little French Bistro.  Loved it.  And I loved the Little Paris Bookstore as well.

Watched "While You Were Sleeping" which I think of as a Christmas Movie, last night.  We also watched The Devil Wears Prada (on another night)  which isn't a Christmas movie but it's something I like watching.  And there is Paris at the end.  You see a theme?  Perhaps.

I stayed home (sick day from work) on the couch today with my cough.  I did venture out to the library (and had to use my rescue inhaler after climbing the stairs to reference) to return my book and pick up an origami book.  I still want to make more origami stars.  Finally, with the help of several of my former colleagues, we found a website with printed instructions.  It's hard to follow a video.

I started printing them here at home and the printer ran out of ink.  I refuse to consider this project doomed.

Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to make a star? I am thinking of using a heavy gold and cream wrapping paper (cut into squares and then folded into pentagons).  Printed with stars. To make my stars.  Six of them for my tree.  For this year and for all the years in the future.  Stars.  To wish on.

Well, I am sleepy and I need to rest up for tomorrow.  My friend is coming to get me and I will be the "sidekick" on her shopping adventure.  Just along for company.  We do love to talk to each other. We once drove a rented U-haul to Boston and back to pick up a couch and chair she bought at Crate and Barrel.  That was quite the road trip.  Non-stop except for picking up the couch and chair.  And since we were at Crate and Barrel, I insisted on looking around to see if I wanted to buy anything.  I did. Marigold colored linen napkins.  Love.

But that was then and tomorrow is now.  Good Night.


No comments: