Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Daily Weather- February 16


 That bag of magazines from the library cart via my Walking Buddy- had one Esquire.  And that Esquire had....this guy.  Well, at least now I know what sort of man is my type. He's probably a real jerk... Not.

Stayed up late- expecting some sort of "weather event" but not much happened.  It's close to 32 degrees and you can see where the Sun is in the sky- covered in clouds.  So, whatever was supposed to happen.  Didn't.  There is what could be slush or could, if it gets colder- be ice. At some point I'll put on my coat and boots and use the scoop shovel to clear the driveway.  We aren't going anywhere.

I had all sorts of things to tell you but...now that I am sitting here none of it is important. 

The wash got done and dried and folded.  I did not sort thru the seed box to see what I would want to grow this year.  I did not do anything.  I did not cook.  I did not read.  I did watch Law and Order.  A few from the first season I hardly remember.  The rotation is an endless loop.  Same with Criminal Intent.  Early Goren when he isn't fat and sloppy.  Riley and I would be discussing.

We printed out the stock dividend paper we need for our taxes.  Now I just need to go buy Turbo and get on with it.......Life Sucks until the taxes are done.  I have no plan for the day.  Until it's time to make the Daily Grilled Cheese Sandwich.  

I have only touched cloth to make new piles and clean off the ottoman which I use as a craft desk. I sorted stuff an threw away stuff and now things look less like a rat's nest. I have about five things that "do not belong with the other things" and I need to put them away or throw them away. And my book is still half way read.  So I need to finish.  So I can read a book that is more fun.

Now to turn on the lamps here in the room where I sit all the time now.  



3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Why keep reading a book that's not doing it for you? Probably half of the books I get from the library (and now digital audio) are returned after only three chapters. That's a fair chance for any author. Life's too short to waste reading dreck, especially if reading is one of your pleasures.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I keep gravitating toward my bedroom, which is over the furnace and so warm. I need to find a nice chair for that room to keep me out of bed. And, I so agree with Deb about bailing out of unsatisfying books.

Paula, the quilter said...

I’ve been going through books on my kindle. I have a habit of snagging free books and you really do get what you pay for. I haven’t finished a book in days because of the subject matter or the writing or...
On the other hand, I’ve been listening to audio of a series that I’ve enjoyed for years.