Monday, February 15, 2021

Daily Notes- February 15th


 Not bread baked by me.  I am not into bread baking right now- but am thinking about some Irish Soda Bread with boozy raisins.  All about boozy things these days.

In the Way Life Works department:  A very sweet movie- the Valentine version of Groundhog Day.  A very single woman is told that one of the men she will meet that day is THE man for her. She wakes up every morning and it's Valentine's Day and she gives each man a chance- some twice. Never quite getting it right.  Canadian.  Very Canadian.  So- of higher quality than usual.  But almost all Hallmark Movies are filmed in Canada.  You'll have to hunt- as I don't remember if it was on Hallmark or Lifetime.  And of course I don't have the title handy. Later I may come back and have the title.

I lost my grocery list between the kitchen and the grocery store.  So...winged it.  I just walked down every aisle and recognized stuff and put it into the cart.  Even got two bags of Cara Cara oranges. One bag of 6 for daughter and bought myself 5 so I could tell the bags apart.  Daughter was very particular about what her oranges should be like.  I selected the oranges under the watchful eyes of the Orange Policeman.

I purchased a very nice, smooth page sketchbook and set it on husband's placemat and wrote on it- Joanne's Valentine Gift.  Next to it a pile of Dollar Store Word Search Books my walking buddy got for me to give husband- she left them this morning on my mailbox out front- I had no idea of when she would be going to the Dollar Store.

When I dropped off the oranges at daughter's house- I looked up just before backing down driveway- to see a bright red male cardinal.  So I stopped to look as we never see them out where we live.  But in Town, they see cardinals.  And then another came and another until FIVE males were sitting in the lilac bush. All so bright red.  And handsome. A lovely surprise.  So glad I looked up.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh. lucky you seeing those cardinals, such lovely birds! I live n a wooded area, more rural and almost never see cardinals either. I've seen maybe two or three in all the 38 years I've lived here.

I love the artisan bread pictured in your intro header, I make a loaf every couple of weeks.

Did my weekly groceries this morning amongst the crowds shopping before nasty weather coming in tomorrow. Added to that, they are remodeling the store, so nothing is where its been for the past 20 years....now that is fun...NOT that is exhausting going round and round looking for what you want! It's only about half done and it's been weeks into it. Only one store out here to choose from, so this is it. :-(.......Annie