Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Daily Thinking Out Loud


 Out on the front porch looking East.  This is my horizon.  Bleak.  Always this way only green in Summer. This is a full color picture- not a black and white.  Daytime. 

In the mailbox this morning- bills and a container of freshly baked banana muffins from the neighbor across the way.  Thanking us for being Good Neighbors and bringing her paper to her doorstep.  

So, I've eaten breakfast, read the newspaper, seen the wet destroyed floors in Texas homes and listened to Jude Hill talk in her very very soothing voice on her Whispering site.  She is stitching hearts. I just like listening to her voice.  My moments of Zen these days.  Jude's voice.

I forgot to eat supper again.  But I did eat my chopped vegetable salad.  And husband forgot to eat supper as well and dined on a dessert plate and coffee. Breakfast, late lunch and dessert plate. No dessert for me.

I did two loads of wash yesterday afternoon and the washer made a new and off putting sound on the rinse drain portion of the first wash......so, being the terror freak I am..I started a second load.   I know.  But it turned out okay.  And on the very last line of Washing Machine Pages- my pen ran out of ink.  Perfectly matched to the machine finishing the second load --minus the squeak.  In balance.  The pen running out of ink- don't push your luck. Any further.  I listened.

I finished A Rule Against Murder last night.  I ordered books from another author for husband.  He didn't like Rollins.  Now he has coloring and games on the iPad.  He really needs three things. 

While doing the washing machine- I also had to run interference with husband's lung doctor assistant.  The new med they gave him is too expensive.  Our Medicare will run out in June at the rate this med is going.  So we asked for something else.  Husband did.  Then called me and handed me the phone. I could tell the woman I was speaking with was irritated.  Having a bad day or whatever.  She told me the hospital pharmacy (45 minute drive for us) had the almost $800 (insurance price) a month inhaler for $30.  After driving it's a 2 or 3 hour wait.  And yes, it's $30 but husband would have to do this every month. I said no. Find something else for him to take.  I suggested my inhaler ($400 a month- that's the insurance price) so that's what he is getting plus an add on steroid something.  I have to go pick up my inhalers today so we'll see what's what.

Let's just sit awhile and work that over.  The $800 a month inhaler is $30 at this hospital pharmacy.  Imagine my interest in this.  Imagine the woman on the phone getting all irritated by my asking "why?". And yes, insurance pays- until it doesn't and those months where it doesn't are arriving earlier and earlier.

No comments: