Saturday, June 16, 2018

Happiness is....Summer Colored Squares


Yummy melon pinks and golden yellow.  Any day now the Native Strawberry Stand will be set up along the Road.  The Road I travel any time I want to go from home to anywhere else.  The two gals (and grandchildren) set up a table and chairs and the umbrella.  Selling baskets of ruby red berries that they all picked that morning.  They read, do crafts or just sit and talk. I asked and they joyfully admitted to looking forward to the lazy afternoons under the umbrella by the roadside.  Living slow.

I splurged on a bag of sweet dark cherries at the grocery.  $13.  G and I will enjoy them later in the afternoon in white bowls while sitting under the fan.  It's going to be HOT today.  Finally. And I also have a small basketball sized watermelon chilling in the fridge. Aqua Fresca.

Yesterday afternoon I made a big pot of sausage and mushroom marinara for G.  It was so chilly in the house I had a long Winter sweater on over my summer shirt.  And then this morning, hot sunshine.  Good thing I didn't make a big pot of soup also.  How quickly the weather changes.

We have stopped watching the NEWS completely.  It all makes me cry.  Actually, sob.  And then to listen to  Jeff Sessions.  What has happened to America?  What happened to "give us your tired and poor"? Immigrants built America and made it great.  Not rich white men.

No comments: