Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Happiness Is--Two Chairs In Hope Of Company


From ArtPropelled

I like the composition here of the blocks of color from walls and floor and then the chairs.  This will be difficult to do in my journal but perhaps I can paste different rectangles of colored paper on the surface first and then draw?   Makes me interested in getting started on this project.

It continues to be cold, dark and wet here in Maine.  I am complaining only as far as having to dig in the closet for the Winter corduroy pants and a thermal long sleeved tee.  The socks were available in the sock basket.  I am "just" warm enough.  But I am, on the edge, of thinking that turning on the furnace heat would be nice.  I think it's in the high 50's outside.  My seedlings are safe in the garage. The door is open but they aren't in total chilling weather and the doors are closed overnight.

At 2 pm I am going out to visit two gardening friends.  One house to discuss weeds and future perennial plantings and the second to pick up a few additional tomato seedlings (orphans).  Snow White Cherry Tomatoes.  I adore them.  I may drive further, to where I used to work, and buy a few things I need for my large containers.  Tall, central plants.  I have no idea what that might be.  I will attempt to "surprise" myself with what I choose.  Or don't choose.  They might not have anything I want.  Or I might do the visits backwards and visit my former workplace first.

I watched a video this morning on printing with a gel plate.  I really MUST order one of those.  The artist did things with string and rubber bands and deli paper that had me quite on the edge of my rolling chair with excitement.  Nearly scooted myself onto the floor--- under the desk.

No comments: