Friday, June 15, 2018

Happiness Is.... A New Chair And Chopped Salad


This chair model is from a magazine layout.  So, only this view of the chair and not it's whole self. I like the legs.  Because I think I got them right.

Yesterday was a sort of chilly and rainy day.  I should have had a sweater with me for the quick visit to the grocery.  I forget how cold they keep it in the summer.  I needed supplies for my "chopped salads".   I try and have one every day or at least every other day.  I haven't begun to make smoothies yet.  Needs to be hot summer for them.   I got a yellow bell pepper (red last time), more radishes, 2 apples, a bag of carrots and two scoops of raw pecans at the bulk section. I know a real chopped salad includes cheese and meat.  But I don't really want to go that way.  I may add more seeds (pumpkin) and dried fruit (cranberries) to the mix as time goes on.  And, as much as I hate the thought--I may dice up a fresh from the garden summer squash or some cherry tomatoes as Summer heats up.  I think they will make the salad less crunchy and more mushy.  We'll find out.

The Tomato and Pepper seedling wagon is looking very good.  Covered in pollen but everything is right now and staying outside overnight for the past few days to harden off.  I started two flats of seeds for squash (three kinds), cucumbers and something else.  Can't remember what and don't want to walk out to the tent to look.

I also can't believe it's Friday.  The entire week has just whooshed past like a freight train. G has had a number of doctor's appointments.  That's about it.

No comments: