Monday, June 25, 2018

Happiness is...Everything--like the whole Universe


World Cup Soccer.......... even if it is on FOX.  I love the summers when I get to watch soccer and eat cherries.  And now that they are under $3 a pound I can eat lots of cherries.  In 35 minutes the second soccer game will begin. Iran is playing and they might win it all.

We started the day chilly with clouds.  Then full sun.  Now clouds again.  Now a Riley emergency--he had to go outside to check on something.  Now sun again.

I have made a marinade for some beef tips that were on sale at the grocery yesterday.  The marinade was very tasty so I hope the beef tips will be tasty later today.  I haven't been cooking --not since Christmas.  Well, I have made soup.  Lots of soup.  But I don't think of soup as "cooking".

I was even tempted to buy a huge package of ground beef and make a huge amount of meatballs in marinara.  I usually package them up and freeze.  When there is nothing to eat....there is always a package of meatballs.  I also have tater tots.  I don't know why.  I think I was going to make them in the waffle iron.

I know...the things we see on the internet ...not always good things.

G is out putting up yet another fence--the deer came and ate my Joe Pye Weed in the driveway bed.  Well, they ate two out of three.  I really do not like DEER.   There are 30 acres of green leafy woods behind us.  Lovely green leafy things the deer could be eating.  But they chose to hang out on our driveway and our back yard.  With very little green leafy things.  I try and plant only the items deer do not like to eat.   But.....Joe Pye Weed.   Guess they learned to like it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have started using a spray called Bobbex. Got it on Amazon. And, after more than 25 years dealing with deer eating anything and everything, have found a way to foil them. It is safe for people and animals but deer don't like the horrible odor-rotten eggs, garlic, cloves, cat food! It works for roses and on everything I've tried it on. Only needs respraying every few months. Rain doesn't stop it. It smells to people as you are spraying but smell goes away, but deer can still smell it.

Dakotah said...

I was enjoying cherries while reading this! I was just telling H how I miss the days when cherries were 99 cents a pound but $3 is good. They are $5 here.
We may be moving to the country soon. Your posts are making me consider the potential for deer challenges. That spray sounds interesting.

Joanne S said...

Yes, the spray we use stinks and I often wonder if the deer just get used to it. Our dog loves the stuff. The stinkier the better for Riley. I think 2.99 is as low as they ever get (cherries) and by then they are soft and not to my taste. I wish they also sold the sour cherries--would love to make a pie.