Monday, March 05, 2018

Still Life - Morning Sunshine


As I was waiting for the water for my tea to come to a boil, I noticed the light playing across the now empty cookie jars and my last orange.

I can see circles in the jar bottoms and the circle of the orange.  

I also see the reflection of the sun on the left side of the orange.

Such a simple arrangement but so many things to see.

I'm glad I decided to take this picture for you.  I would have missed out on the noticing so many facets to this still life if I didn't have a photo to remind me.

And... just by writing to you each day, I reflect on and think about things I may have left unexamined. The purpose of this blog...so many years ago, was as a journal. And this journal has become so much more than I had imagined it would be.  A life examined.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

What an incredibly lovely picture. Art in simplicity.