Saturday, March 24, 2018

Nine


I've been reading over at Spirit Cloth for a few weeks--maybe even a few months.  Nine.  Nine pieces sewn together.  Nine Patch.  Here's my first success.  It may not be much, but it was hard earned.  So many failures before this.  Still, there are things I wish were different and I might unsew and correct until I am happy.

Some of the antique white.  Some tea dyed.  Some peach.  Everything else is second side up.  Fabric has two sides.  I'm using the second side.  Already faded, worn and softer.  This square is six inches  finished.  The path is made of three 1 inch squares finished.

My plan is to now make a five inch by seven inch "page" containing 35 squares hand sewn together.

But right this minute--I have a nine patch.  With a house.  With a square moon.  And a garden.  Perhaps it's a moon garden. Yes.  A Moon Garden House.

The nine patch means quite a bit to me.  Born in the 9th month.

Now I need to add another fabric to the back and "quilt" or sew this nine to another, larger nine.

I just wanted you to see it.

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i read all the words first, while waiting, seemingly like Forever for the
pic to load...and i looked away for a while and then back, and there it WAS/IS
and what a great surprise! not what i'd imagined...way more...way as in
it's forms have Story, Character...Story