Friday, March 16, 2018

New Fabrics To Add


While up in the Attic--not looking for fabric--I was looking for my plastic boxes of embroidery floss-I happened to find these two hand dyed pieces.  Peach and More Peach.  I also have tea dyed squares.
Now I need to clean off my cutting board and cut more squares.  I was going to cut 1.5 (1") inch squares to make a new base--finishing to one inch.  But decided to continue with  the 2.5 (2") inch squares.  The Peach fabrics aren't plant based dyes but they are named after a plant.

I did make a small quilt once with 1.5 (1") inch squares.  But I did the sewing on the machine.

I did find my embroidery floss boxes and used the floss on yesterday's piece. But I also found a large bag of unwound floss.  So day I purchased two new boxes and more paddles.  I'll wind while watching television tonight.

I'm excited to have a few new colors to add to this cloth.  And along with additional colors (tones) I can now think about patterns.

And I am reminded of needing Peach for that one unfinished work---perhaps a solid Peach would work?

Speaking of work--I am working at the greenhouse tomorrow.  All day.  And I am sure my eyes won't like the glare of the bright sun in the glass greenhouse.  I may need to borrow a baseball cap from G.

No comments: