Monday, March 12, 2018

Rolling Along


I was planning to make manicotti tomorrow during the snow storm.  We went shopping.  No fresh pasta sheets at the grocery.  They always have them but now they don't.  Not even an empty spot where they used to be.

So, I will be rolling my own.  I love my Atlas pasta roller.  We've been together for years and years. We even traveled to Europe together.  I think my husband bought it for me at Crate & Barrel in Chicago the first time we lived there.  I roll out pierogi dough for Christmas Eve dinner. Every year-no matter where we are living.

And, now so many years later, I'm going to roll pasta for manicotti.  Getting old is certainly interesting. What's next?  Ravioli?  Well, yes, I think I might--I do own a metal ravioli thingy you make them on and then roll something across the top and "hey presto" ravioli.

Snow is supposed to be coming and staying for a few days.  Things are already being cancelled.  I teach a class on Wednesday at the local library (where I used to work) and hopefully that takes place. Saturday is the Open House for the greenhouse where I work (occasionally, these days).  I hope the storm has passed so the Open House is a good one.

I stitched a feather on the cloth with the nine circles. One circle seemed to "need" a feather.  I will show you that tomorrow.

My husband purchased 10 (ten) Earth Boxes for my gardening this season (a surprise).  We took one out of the box and tried putting it together.  Not the Earth Box I am used to seeing at work.  Newer design. Slightly smaller. Perhaps better?  No place for wheels.  And he got me trellis set ups for 3.  So the tomatoes don't fall over.  It took some......time....to get it put together correctly.  Nicely designed.  Sturdy. A test of how we work together.

I was taken to the eye glasses place to see if my glasses could be worked on to improve my vision.  We tried  a few things.  None of them worked.  Michael found me "amusing".  In the end, we put the frames back the way they were.  Ordered "dedicated" reading glasses.  So I cannot read thru the wrong trifocal lens.  Which is ---I guess, what I have been doing.  Making my eyes exhausted and blurry.  In about a week I should be able to give them a test drive.  They are sort of gold and sparkly.
And I am sort of "old" and sparkly.


1 comment:

dianen said...

You are indeed "sparkly." You make my day.