Saturday, July 27, 2013

Trying Again


Here's a picture of my yellow Clivia.  Doesn't it look nice?  All the flowers have gone by already but I have this picture to remember it.

Those of you confused by the posts.  This is Beta 3.  The other two have been deleted--not on purpose. Accidents do happen.  I said I was tired.  And now, I am under the influence of two margaritas.

Saturday.  Too short.  I really need two days in a row off in order to get anything done.  I cleared a space in the top freezer drawer and have a large tray in there with all the blueberries.  I'll let them freeze and then bag them up.  I also picked raspberries but they are going to be my lunch tomorrow at work with my regular yogurt.  Lots and lots of raspberries.  I hope I found all the worms.

I moved the yucca and planted some tiny lettuce and picked a few cucumbers and a handful of cherry tomatoes.  G finished watering while I did a few buckets of mulch in the front bed with the astilbe.  I also planted an astilbe a friend gave me.  I planted a goats beard (aruncus) and I hope it likes where I put it.  Part sun.  If not, we'll move it next year.  I also picked more blueberries (it looks like the birds helped themselves to the remainder of the ones on top of the bushes).  Lots more down at the bottom and in the center.  I have about 12 to 15 baby (tiny) figs on my fig tree.  I have been feeding it compost tea.  Seems to be helping.  G thinks it needs to be in a larger, deeper pot.  I don't want it too large--needs to overwinter on the unheated sunporch.  Needs to fit.

We went out to eat and I spattered my new white linen shirt with BBQ sauce and grease.  I went to the restroom to rinse it as best I could.  Now it's in the washer.  If it doesn't come clean, I'll just wash it again.  And again.  Until it's white.

Work tomorrow and then Monday off.  Boss needed me to switch my day off from Thursday to Monday this week.  Interesting.  I need to start taking vacation days.  I'm thinking Fridays.  then I would have Thursday, Friday and Saturday off in a row.  Unless I no longer have Thursdays off.  We'll see.  I need to be late to work on Tuesday again this week.  "Important Business".  Smile.

Hey, enjoy the weekend.  July is almost over.


1 comment:

Jan said...

Dawn dish washing liquid - the blue kind - has rarely failed to work as a stain pre-treatment for me. Even after I've washed something already. Try it if your stain is still there.
I could use you to get me going in the garden. After two weeks away and lots of rain, it's a mess. That's where I'll be on Sunday....