Sunday, July 14, 2013

Smiling My WayThrough Sunday @Work

It's stinking hot here in Maine.  And it's even hotter in a glass house in the sun.  I feel like I just did five rounds in a boxing ring.

I've had my shower.  We went and had Chinese for dinner.  My right arm seems to be a normal size and doesn't feel swollen.  I have a Ronald McDonald bandaid on my bleeding whatever it is-- I guess I have to mention to my doctor that I am not clotting as one might want.  Ronald is surfing.  This will be amazingly popular with people at work tomorrow.

I forgot my watermelon chunks on the DAY someone brought in a dozen warm Frosty's donuts.  I ate a donut.  A Frosty's donut.  Heaven.

Tomorrow the first thing I do is pack up a big container of watermelon chunks.  And find something lighter to wear to work.  And spray myself with Deet.

I brought home two botanical specimen's for G to identify with his new botanical program.  That's two out of the multitude we had presented to us at work today.  And every second customer wanted something to spray on Japanese Beetles.  Half want to kill them and the other half is buying "traps" to attract them to their yards.  Yes, faithful Readers.  The traps ATTRACT the beetle TO your yard.  Is that what you really want?????

2 comments:

Annie said...

rWhat do people do with the beetles they attract to their yard? I know nothing about those beetles, are they good for something?

What did I miss with your arm, did you get bit by something?

.....and yum,I'd rather have a donut than a piece of watermelon any day,though not on my diet list either. I indulge once in a while.

This weather is gawd awful, so ...take care!

: )

dee said...

I'd be happy to send that person all those stinkin' beetles in my yard.
What's up with your arm?
We've got the same temps but today it will be higher-near 100. Is there some good reason that it is necessary to tell us that 100 will actually feel like 105. I want to kick the tv when they do that.
Hey! my new floors got put in today....too pretty for words. Now for the painting...sigh