Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday, Monday


It rained overnight so, perhaps, there will be no garden watering on this odd day off.  G has a "work experience" which I must participate in.  I think I finally have time to cook a dinner later this afternoon.  We had pasta with whatever sauce was left in a jar last night.  Then G had an ice cream from the freezer and I had a bowl of ice cold cherries.  Endeavor on Masterpiece.  Then bed.  I managed to sleep until 10.

We need to do a bit of grocery shopping.  I need to select something new for my breakfasts.  No more cereal.  I do have one box left and the remains of the soy milk.  I'm not feeling the love for the cereal any more.  I don't like the way I feel after eating it.  Jumpy.  Like I have had too much sugar.  Even though the cereal is quite plain.  The wheat, I think.  The carbs.  Diane sent me a recipe for a smoothie using full fat coconut cream (TJ's which I have 6 cans of) and frozen berries.  No banana.  Might take it for a "spin" tomorrow.

The  greasy meat stains came out of the white linen shirt.  Now I have raspberry juice on my favorite old ratty grey tee shirt.  I have it doused with Shout.  Thank you for the hint regarding Dawn.  Dawn is really very all purpose.  Stains.  Washing oil off of ducks.  I scrub my garden shoes with it.

I am becoming "enchanted" with this new (new to me) way of reconstructing clothing.  The Alabama Chanin style.  I would call it "Big Stitch" as the sewer is using long, big stitches to embellish the pieced together chunks of fabric into new clothing.  I have so many pieces of 2X clothing (linen) that I don't want to take to Goodwill.  It's the fabric more than anything.  I wish I knew how to turn it into something I would want to wear.  Right now, sleeveless, v neck tank tops are something I could use. Loose.  Letting the breezes blow through. (later I could layer a knit tee under them) Alabama Chanin uses old knits like tee shirts to construct skirts and tops.  Then does a very clunky whip stitch around the edges or some stem stitch or other embroidery stitches.  But nothing even or pretty.  I haven't seen any clothing on anyone but whip thin people.  How would it look on a size 16?

If we drive past Joann's I will stop in to look at the pattern books.  A pattern always helps when trying to make necklines or shoulders.

G has gone out with Riley to do the daily walk.  Then we'll go do the Ficus repot (stopping to buy soil on the way).  Grocery on the way back (remembering Joann's today???) by then, it will be time to start cooking and the day off will be k-put.  Why do days at work go on and on and days off are gone in the blink of an eye????  I need to rearrange that.  I want days at work to speed by.  I do need to stop somewhere to purchase more storage tubs for fabric.  It would be great to empty the guest room and work on making that back into a guest room.  Just in case.  Of just give up and leave it the pit it is.  Just a walking path from the door to the cutting board on the table and the sewing machine chair.  I don't even have good lighting in there anymore.  And I can't actually use the entire cutting mat.  Or find any but one of the cutting rulers.  Sadly, I know where all the thread and fabric is.  Right where I left it.

I have the bed sheets to change, another load of wash to do, it would be nice if I was dressed when G gets back.  Right now, I have a moment to finish my coffee and check email and read the Google news. The house is so dark that I should be turning on lights (a few minutes before noon), it might rain again which would be okay with me.

Life is in flux.  I feel changes coming.  Not all of them are welcome but, then, I don't ever like change.




No comments: