Thursday, July 04, 2013

Fourth Of July


For the six years we lived in Germany, flying the American flag wasn't something we could do.  Or felt we couldn't do.  So the second thing we bought when we moved back to the States (a television was first) was an American flag and we have had one waving in front of our houses ever since.

No fire works.  They are legal here in Maine now and everyone is loading up.

The sun came out yesterday afternoon.  And it seems to be staying.  My camera lens fogged up after taking three pictures out on the front porch.  It's hot.  It's muggy.  It's July.

G and I had an early dinner at the Seadog by the river.  The water was very high and churning.  Our server said it was almost as high as when Hurricane Sandy happened.  But the water wasn't coming up the steps onto the dining deck, thank goodness.  G had Summer Ale and I had a Margarita.  I also had my first lobsta roll of the season.  Delicious.  And only $18.99.  My next one will be less expensive, I hope.  Then we Cote's ice cream and filled the tank of my little Fit with gas for the month.

I really wish I had brought the camera to dinner.  But it's so large compared to an iPhone camera.  Next time I'll just look like a tourist.  Bring the camera.

The house is nice and cool.  The outside is going to be ripping hot---90's.  We need to find "inside" work to do today even though so many things need doing outside.  But nothing good will happen if we garden in such heat.  Better to wait.  Keep cool.  Happy Fourth!!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Happy 4th of July! Nice pic of the flag in your yard.

Wow, that was an expensive lobster roll. Guess who is allergic to lobster, I'm able to eat all other shellfish though. Kind of strange.

My house is cool too, and it looks so nice outside...til I venture out, yikes it's hot out there!
Guess I'll just hang out on the internet today. I did get the kitchen floor scrubbed.

Jan said...

It's gray and drizzly here today ~ not a very festive holiday this year.
My mouth is watering over your lobster roll, I haven't had one in years. We'll be in Maine for a day in August and that's high on my list.

dee said...

Yum to the lobstah...
I've been making my own at least once or twice in the summer. First I have to find a bank to rob....

Packing all my stuff for the new floors to be put in on the 15th. Boy have I had enough renovation. It's looking pretty though.
Hope you are able to stay cool. This humidity is a beast.