Monday, July 01, 2013

July First


The day started out dry.  Then got humid.  Then started raining just a few minutes before I left work for the day.  We lost another hour each day and we seem to have lost a few employees.  We are now the "bare bones" work force.

This photo of my bay window with orchids is dark because it's dark in here at 4 pm when it's raining.  The garden is enjoying the daily rains.  G is enjoying not having to water the garden.  Sleeping is good.  All in all it's a good summer so far.

I was hoping that by the time I reached this part of the post, I would have thought of a subject to write about.  But I didn't.  I could talk about the blister on my left thumb,

 my "too short" haircut when I asked for it to be just a tiny bit shorter than last time,

 the fact that I am sneezing a lot this summer,

 how nice it feels to shower after work and put on my "uniform" of capri length knit pants and a blue work shirt,

that I found my slippers,

that I seem to have lost two pair of the black socks I wear to work,

how confused I was by the last episode of Mad Men but how right it all seemed,

how sad I am that we watched the last episode of "Wire In The Blood" on Netflix and now I need to find a new show for us to enjoy watching.  It feels like a good friend moved away.  We felt like that when we got to the end of "Life" and if Netflix carried "Homeland" we would feel the same after watching all of season one.  It's so hard to find something that good to watch.

I do have books to read (mostly cookbooks), my 10x10 art pieces to imagine and work on and--well, I can always fall back on"napping" as summer makes me so sleepy.  Riley and G are already asleep.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about "The Commander?" have you watched that? or Accused? both British series...they aren't as many episodes as one would like. I watched seasons 1,2,&3 on Netflix and 4&5 of Commander through Amazon prime