Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday, June 30

No picture.  Yesterday was a 50% success.  A friend called at 9 am asking if I would color her hair after she worked out at the gym.  I said yes.  Then set to cutting up the pot roast I bought on Monday (marked down for quick sale) and turning it into Induction Chili with a few additions to make it more like Longhorn Chili (I didn't succeed).  It's fine, packed in serving sizes and in the freezer, but not the "taste" I was looking for.

The hair coloring went well and while the color processed I made a luncheon salad for the two of us.  We chatted and I began slicing vegetables for a summer squash Mexican casserole.  I made it, baked it and then shoved it down the disposal.  It was delicious, but too many carbs.  Not worth the stress of having as a temptation.  I also added the roasted beets to the compost bucket.  It's best not to have things in the fridge that I shouldn't be eating.

I did manage to clean off the stove countertops, empty and wash the silverware drawer, do laundry, make the bed, water the deck plants, wash and dry the cooking pots and pans, empty the dishwasher.

My new lenses are a bit off and I am having problems with reading and watching television.  Rubbing my eyes which is NEVER a good thing as I have some sort of "bumpy lining" in my eyes and the rubbing makes it ever so much worse. So no reading yesterday and I just got the new Wallander from the library.

We did purchase a wrist wrap and I wore it all evening on Tuesday.  Woke up yesterday morning with no pain.  I don't plan to lift anything heavy at work today.

G had a very long, hard day at work yesterday (his 49 year old helper went home early feeling "sick") and then G had the added "amusement" of the ice maker hose leaking again. (If your ice cubes are only shells of ice, you have a clog or a leak) Water all over.  He had to "make" a new hose.  The good part of this was that the refrigerator ice maker works just like the equipment at McD's so he felt very comfortable doing the repairs and he had plenty of spare hose and connectors in the workshop. I was sitting next to him and reading comments on an Atkins blog.  Handing him tools.

I am drinking lots and lots of water.  So much water that I feel bilious.

G and I have to go to the bank and change the safe deposit card to say I "am allowed" to look inside and retrieve our daughter's birth certificate so she can renew her driver's license.  It didn't matter that I have always had my own key to the box.  So that's what we will be doing this morning before I go to work.

It's hot already and it will be terrible at work.  I already feel sick to my stomach.  Heat makes me ill.  I have eaten some breakfast and plan to take two quarts of sweet (fake) tea with me to work.  I have some lunch packed and will make a MIM to take in case I need a snack.   11:30 to 6 today.   Why didn't I retire?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Joanne! I almost cried when I read about your "vegetable" disposal. You mentioned awhile back that you looked into Paleo eating, which surprised me because I've been nearly 100% Paleo since March. Even though our age, weight loss and goals are different, I know you would maybe see more success that Atkins. I've lost 20lbs in that time almost effortlessly. I was at the same, stable weight (although not where I wanted to be) for two years prior with not a budge until then.

Since you love to cook and garden it would probably suit you to a T. There is a great book out there "the Paleo Solution" by Robb Wolf. See if you can get it from your library and read it. It's much more user friendly (not so dry and technical) as my "Paleo Diet for Athletes" book. And see if you can get the "Everyday Paleo" and "The Paleo Cookbook" cookbooks.

There is a 30-day challenge in the Solution book. I'll bet a bundle that you'll see a remarkable difference.

BTW, it's not a diet - it's a lifestyle change.