Sunday, June 12, 2011

Succulent

 
I was contemplating a picture of the trash strewn hallway (I am deep cleaning the hall bath) for this post but, thought better of that idea, and walked past the collage scrap box in the dining room and took a photo of this magazine picture.  We have all these sedum at work and wouldn't this make a lovely display on a table?  I would need that adorable bowl to build this.

I slept very well, indeed, last night, post mouse, and woke up relaxed and rested.  Then I weighed myself and my world tumbled back into the duldrums.  I need support.  I need diet buddies.

Three weeks of strictly following Atkins Induction and I have not, repeat NOT, lost any weight.  I am counting calories (even though Atkins says we don't have to if we count carbs) and am around and under 1200 a day (even eating all that fat).  I should be losing weight on that alone.  I WAS losing weight when I was "cheating" on Atkins (still 1200 a day) and having a small serving of cereal with soy milk,  or a banana, or yogurt and fruit or even a slice of toast with my bacon and eggs.  I never cheated by having pasta, rice or potatoes.  Whoa, I did have mashed potatoes with my meat loaf, way back a month ago.  The problem with the cheating is the carbs and sugar in them, made me hungry.

The "Muffin in a Minute" with 1.7 carbs and the texture (and taste) of a dish sponge, isn't going to win points with me as a bread substitute, but it does work to "regulate" my digestive tract.  My Ahem, digestive tract, has been functioning the past few days, which is very nice.

Another "good thing" or better still, a "very good thing" is my lack of appetite and/or cravings for food. Yesterday we had a class at work (grasses) and we served the "cake" that I love so much.  They had the chocolate one with the chocolate chips and I looked at the platter of cake and walked right past.  I was not "haunted" by the thought of that cake-- in fact, I forgot about it completely.  Like that donut a few weeks ago.  You know how I feel about a donut.  Love!

And, instead of two 5 ounce cans of tuna for my lunchtime salad, I had only one and it was plenty with a good amount of mayo and a large green salad with olive oil and vinegar.  The ham and cheese roll up is still tasty and I have a tub of radishes (dipped in salt) as my vegetable.  Salty and crunchy like chips.  I plan to try the Turnip Fries from the Atkins book with our next round of burgers.

The food choices are no longer a problem.  I can always find something to eat or buy something to eat as every restaurant serves meat and salad.  I even have treats that I haven't tried yet to reward myself with if I stay on track.  Flourless chocolate cake with whipped cream and bacon pizza (just eating the cheese and bacon off the pizza).  Not on the same day or even in the same week!

What do I do?  Just keep going and forget about the weight?  I am not being rewarded by fitting into smaller clothes, either.  And no one is remarking that I have lost weight, which would be a tremendous motivator.  I sleep better than usual.  I have no food cravings.  I have plenty of energy.  I don't seem to be retaining fluids.

Help me.  Please.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Are you doing this dieting for 'them' or yourself? Do you need the reassurances and stroking that others will give or are you strong enough to just keep going? You know how you feel when driving somewhere new and you start feeling lost? 99% of the time it is because you haven't gone far enough and if you give it time you will start to recognize your surroundings. Same thing here -- give it time.

Joanne S said...

Thank you Paula. I will keep driving.

dee said...

Who cares what "they" say or don't say? Your posts seem so much happier sounding and positive. You write that you feel good and satisfied. It reminds me of my time at Curves. After many weeks of going regularly I weighed myself after a workout. I had gained 2 lbs. Thing is, I had never felt better in a very long time.
My thoughts are the same as Paula. Keep going and be at peace with yourself.