Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday & I'm Tired Of Everything

 This is the "new" view from the driveway with the former tree stumps in the lower left foreground, the dog in the upper left and my garden in the background.  Five pine trees would have been in the picture on Monday.  Now, they are being chopped into two foot chunks and loaded into a wheelbarrow.  They were, but suddenly there are no workers here.  Everyone is gone.  And I just noticed that I did a better job raking the wood chips off the lawn than they did.  No going barefoot in the back grass until I rake.

You deserve a pretty picture after suffering through all these tree pictures.  My Weigelia is blooming for the last time.  It's the pink stuff.  The blue stuff is Lupine.  These plants are in the bed behind the garage. My choices: to cut the weigelia back very hard (like to 12 to 15 inches from the earth (it's now over 6 feet) or have G try and pull the plants out with the Jeep and a heavy chain.  This garden is over grown.  Unsightly.  A haven for mice and ants.  The dog has dug some very nice "cooling" pits all around the roots of one weigelia.

Back on the diet today.  Yesterday is just going to go down as a huge mistake.  We all have days like that.  I just have to forgive myself and move forward.  It's not like I ate things that were totally wrong all day.  Yes, the cereal was a mistake.  And the chicken at lunch did have breading on it but I skipped the bread and had salad and no fries.  And I didn't need the no sugar, no fat fudge bar at DQ.  Eating all these carb things made me very hungry at about 8 pm (no dinner) so I had some meat and cheese.  See, I haven't been hungry.  But when I ate the carbs--wow, it started coming back.  The wanting to eat more because the food I was eating didn't satisfy me.  Didn't fill me up.  Lesson learned.

I am getting VERY bored with the food I am eating and need to find a few more things to add to the menu.  I have hard boiled eggs this week and the Longhorn chili.  The avocados I bought are finally getting soft enough to eat.  I'm going to have a half sliced over my breakfast omelet in a few minutes.

G has gone off with Riley to cut lilac branches at our daughter's house.  He'll bring them home and have the tree guys chip them with the other stuff they still need to chip.  I have clothes in the washer.  I have been working on the Book Sale table layouts.  Yes, Book Sale next week.  Already.  My hair is wild and needs to be cut.  Tuesday at 11am.   I had to order new lenses for my glasses.  I scratched them at work cleaning them with a rough paper towel.  Now everything looks hazy.  My bad.  They were only 15 months old.  Out of warrantee.

I finally got my account with Borders fixed, I think.  I did manage to get 30% off  on each of two books that I bought this week.  I have a new medieval romance to read.  Time travel.  Love!  Been looking all over for gray fabric for the next 12 by 12 challenge.  I know I painted some but can't find it.  I may just use the "brayer over everything with white gesso" technique from QA on an older piece with lots of gray in it.  I need to add edges to make it 12 inches square.  And I may add a chair to it.  I found my paper chair pattern.  Happy!

Riley has just come back home.  Didn't like being at Sam's house with G.  I'm going to eat breakfast, fill out my food diary and then decide which, of the many dirty things in my house, to clean.  I still have five tomatoes to plant.  And perennials.  Never ending.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Oooh, your garden is so pretty, and I know how nice it is to have trees removed when there are too many.

dee said...

The color of those Lupine- so lovely. My German blood likes to keep things neat and tidy. I had to get over that when I came here. I live in a veritable forest. Dozens of hundred year old trees- too much shade but the old trees are so beautiful. The giant Beech tree throws shade over all of my 200ft driveway. It's enormous and was my inlaws favorite thing here. The back lot is full of too many spindly trees that don't get enough light. I'd like to thin that out($$$-lots of $$$$)It's like a jungle out there. Wisteria,Linden, Honeysuckle vines, grape vines, mock orange, wild cherry and such. Arthritis has done me in. This spring I didn't even plant the small amount of flowers I usually do.

Must admit I like the sound of that fudge bar. Here's a thought.
Can you make some guacamole with fresh salsa or pico de gallo? If you can't find Goya(the best next to fresh-yum) I'll send you some. Shred some chicken and mix with a couple of good spoons of just pico, pile up a portion-dolop of sour cr. and side dish of guac.(or mix all together while no ones looking-not as pretty but delicious)Serve on lettuce-few slices of cheese or shred Monterey Jack with jalapeneo on top... Fiesta!!
Crap, now I'm hungry.