Thursday, June 09, 2011

Stephanotis

How brave do you have to be to just start ripping out the cabinets in your kitchen?  Or would it be called stupid?  I am so tired of things being where they are.  I want a new, different, bare kitchen with open shelving, hardwood floors, the sink, fridge and stove I REALLY want to own and USE.

At this point, I don't think I would even care if it stayed a construction zone for months on end (or years).  As long as it was OPEN, Streamlined, and ME.  Think German Industrial.

I am like the buds of the Stephanotis.  READY TO OPEN and perfume the room with my being.  Armed with a crowbar.  I, am woman, hear me DEMO!  Are you laughing or crying?

It's MY kitchen.  You would hope that at some point in the 20 to 30 (or more) years I live here that it would, at some point, be what I wanted and not just what was here when we bought the house.

This rant brought on by the third straight morning to find a big, juicy black Carpenter ant crawling up my leg as I type these posts.  Somewhere, nearby, is a wet wood nest of the damned things.  And the fridge ice maker was the last thing to leak around here.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Clearly, you are channeling my thoughts...

Diane N said...

Well, quit typing and start swinging. Sledge hammers work better than crowbars.

dee said...

I have come to beleive that you can do anything. Grab that crow bar and get going. Roger & I had planned on the kitchen re-hab to be our big project of the past year-well, you know how that turned out. Make the place your haven now!! I need to find a crew to do the work. Of course, that depends on my not being deported back to Germany(kidding)I think.