Thursday, October 08, 2020

Daily Notes- October 8th


I'm still waiting for the good laugh.

Tree guys are here.  Pacing themselves.  Work, sit, smoke, work etc.  The dump truck has settled into a deep spot in the side yard- with a load of tree segments.  More to be loaded.  Not sure the truck will exit the deep spot.  We'll see.  They know we are watching them.  They have doubts. We made eye contact.

My annual doctor Wellness Exam is next week and we'll be doing it by phone.  My Pulmonary visit was also by phone.  I don't know what to expect but it will be interesting.  Conversations with my doctor always are interesting.  We have such iffy internet that Zoom isn't possible.

I have a cold.  Stuffy, runny nose.  A cough occasionally due to the dry air in the house.  Hot beverages. Cold capsules.  It's all good.  I am doing "an amazing job"-  "the most amazing job of having a cold that has ever been known to mankind".  

I am thinking about making something for dinner.  You know....something like cooking.  I have had these impulses a few times in the last few weeks but as of right now-- I haven't cooked anything.  We did have pizza but that isn't cooking.  That's baking.  I have also baked the cobbler.  I haven't even boiled or fried anything unless grilled cheese counts?  And I am thinking it would count.  The canned soup got warmed up in a saucepan.  Was that boiling?   So, I boiled and fried.  Making progress.

I did buy all the necessary parts of the Pantry Soup I was eating in March and April.  Getting ready to make an October Pantry Soup.  Cabbage, potatoes, carrots, beans and canned tomato.  Canned tomato is rather hard to find here in Maine these days.  A shortage.  I need to buy celery to make G's chicken soup.  There is some iffy celery I could use.  It is soup and he doesn't actually eat the celery.  It could be okay. Boiling would take care of the iffy-ness.   It will be amazing.  Because I say it is.

My hair looked great this morning. 

3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Oh, yes, grilled cheese counts! And yay! for good hair!

Liz A said...

I'm pretty good at scrubbing most memes out of my Facebook pages, but every once in a long while one sneaks through ... here, from a one-time colleague, is a bit that made me laugh ... perhaps now your laugh for the day

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/rest-of-the-world-news/grandkids-dress-up-as-velociraptors-to-surprise-grandma-at-airport.html

MariMo said...

Nothing better than a good-hair-day!