Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Daily Notes- October 6th


My can of soup with the most important ingredient on the label  Bacon.  The reason I purchased the soup. A "Vegetable Classic" with bacon flavor.  But no artificial flavors.  So interesting.

The Chipper arrived.  They can't drive it straight back- because of the septic tank and leach field.  So the guy decided to back up down the grassy knoll next to husband's workshop (quite a drop off).  At this point Tree Company Owner arrived, got out of his vehicle and started running and shouting.  You just can't make this stuff up. They are chipping.  And then they stop. And then they start again. They really need an organizing type out there.  Husband says I have to stay in the house.  

Overcast.  Dark.  Not sure if it will rain.  They need to get some stuff done before things get wet. The chipper is very very powerful.  Fargo.

I peeled 80% of the peaches for the cobbler.  They are very delicious peaches.  From my gardening buddy. I saved about 6 to eat with yogurt.  We had cobbler after the Patriots game.  They had a really good chance at the beginning.  Sigh.  

I tried watching the news but........it was...I wanted someone to come save us.  Just swoop in and say "cut the crap" and get on with the business of taking care of business.

No one's coming.  We have to, each of us, save ourselves.

Early voting started yesterday here in Maine.  Husband and I decided to skip the mail in ballots and just mask up and go to the Town Office and vote in person. Make sure. Our vote was counted. Save ourselves.

3 comments:

Liz A said...

Fresh peaches ... nothing better

Ditto for wood chips

Deb Lacativa said...

Mmm. GOOD peaches. Here in the Peach State the best peaches come from New Jersey or South Carolina, but I haven't had a good one so far this year. I keep trying, but they all seem to look better than they tasted.

Kathy said...

I did the same thing yesterday at my town office. Only one there and it felt good to know I’ve done my part.