Thursday, October 15, 2020

Daily Notes- October 15th- with added paragraph

Pre-breakfast I did my "nurse" work and changed the bandage on husband's toe surgery.  And then gave him a pep talk as he went off to have a tooth removed.  He's losing parts of himself.  Literally.

No frozen ball of pizza dough in the freezer.  Bah Humbug. But with tooth removal- we wouldn't be having pizza any time soon so it's okay. There aren't many things of interest in the freezer- mostly bags of Trader Joe's potstickers.  Husband likes them. I used to make homemade ones. A lot of work but they were delicious. If I do say so myself.  Chicken filling.

My square buttons.  I just like the look of them. So I have never used any of them on any cloth work or clothing.  Reminds me of the tiles for that game-- Dominos???

I have no plan for the day.  I should begin my daily "practice" of a 30 minute walk.  My doctor asked me to go back to it.  With Riley it was easy to do- we went out several times a day (longer than 30 minutes).  Riley liked to look and smell. But it is hard to do alone.  My eyes get so wet I can't see. It's almost a year.  Still feels like it was yesterday.

I got a bag of fresh cranberries and was thinking to make the orange cranberry loaf I like.  Use some of  husband's orange juice and some zest off a few clementines.  I might. I might not.  It's that kind of feeling today.  It doesn't happen often but....well, it happens.  Sigh.

I was thinking of asking for prompts- to do my own daily collage again.  But with some one else making the prompts.  That was the interesting part. Never knowing what was next- never knowing if i had the images for that next prompt.  Finding a way to make it work.  Not the collage itself- but the thinking of how to define the prompt in images.  Would someone out there - or more than one- be interested in writing prompts for me?  Perhaps waiting until January?  I guess it doesn't matter. When.  Let me know.

Later:

I read Marti's comment on Spirit Cloth- her bag of scraps getting blown away by the wind.  And I think about the cloth in the Magic Attic- collected some 10 to 20 years ago.  Not the cloth of me- now but the cloth of me- in the past.  What would it be like to have that blow out into the World and find a new place a new sew-er.  And for me to go out int he yard and find other cloth blowing into the yard, stuck in the tree branches????  What would that be like?  How would it change the way I see my "making" of cloth????

3 comments:

me-ml said...

i think you are full of creative ideas today. congratulations!

Liz A said...

that extra paragraph started the gears turning in my head ... so send me an email with your address if your wish, and I'll set some of my cloth free to fly all the way to Maine ...

Liz A said...

I guess Acey "heard" you one way or another as she is starting up a new project:

https://sparklinglotusink.typepad.com/nichobella/2020/10/figuring-out-what-matters-most.html