Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Daily Notes- October 7th


I have a nest of thread here by my chair.  Was thinking about why.  Why I cut thread into equal lengths and then made a nest of tangled strands???  Different weights as well.  Mostly the thicker threads.  

I am having trouble with the computer- it wants to load iTunes on both the phone and here on the desktop. so this might be a very very short post.  My husband used my computer yesterday or the day before.  

I have begged him not to.  He still does it and now- well, he isn't home, will have forgotten what he did and then will try endlessly to find the password he used-- and won't be able to and then will make a new one- which he will forget or more likely write down incorrectly.   Like the nest of tangled thread. It must be like that in his head.  

I don't have any backup help.  There is no one to help me.  I often wonder if I actually need iTunes.  I don't do music. But perhaps it runs other stuff?  

Husband has gone to have some sort of office surgery on one of his toes.  The tree guy sent his best climber and he says they will be finished with the job today.  The new guy is working quickly up around the power lines. Very efficient.  I must have had the second best climber last week.

I pulled one cloth out of the jar I have on the porch.  Green acorns, iron water.  I got a steel gray on a beige mistake cloth.  It's different.  Could have left it a day longer to see what happened. I had another cloth and tied circles with about 10 pieces of string and stuck that cloth in the jar for a few days.  I am letting the first cloth dry out on the back deck with Sun.  Then will wash and rinse.  Smells very metallic.  My fingers smell very metallic. 

I am looking at the Smoke Bush out front.  Some of the branches have very dark red leaves.  I had good luck with smoke bush leaves a few years ago- not my own- but ones from a larger older tree on a property where my daughter does landscaping. 

She brought me a stack of leaves and I tucked them into a sandwich bag and sealed it.  Later- much... later I peeled off several and got a very nice black print when I steamed the cloth with some other things tied around a tin soup can.  My own don't print black- at times don't print at all.  But then I didn't keep my own in a plastic lunch bag for months.  So I am thinking of pruning a branch or two off the bush and layering the single leaves in a plastic lunch bag.  It's something to do.  Well, things went well.  I will hit publish.

1 comment:

Liz A said...

I have lived a full and happy life without iTunes ... Don has it on his iPad tho