Monday, July 02, 2018

No Picture

We thought all was working and test images of the bright baby quilt fabric showed up--even today.  But the new picture I sent to my email--well, it's been hours and still nothing.

I may have to reconsider the blog.  As Grace of Windthread would say--without pictures, why bother.

I continue to watch World Cup Soccer and read my books.  The only books I have left are a Scandinavian Thriller and the new Nesbo - MacBeth.  Both dark.  Far different than the light beach romances I have been reading for the last month or more.

I don't know if I am ready for DARK so today I made a new fabric "page" to remind me of June. It turned out better than I expected and I wanted to share that success with you.

My lunch today was good.  A chopped apple, celery, carrot, dried cranberries, and walnut "bowl".  Dressing of olive oil and muscat vinegar.  Salt and pepper.  Sweet was a coconut chocolate chip Larabar.  I need to drink my water.

G has changed out the front door hardware.  To match all the other black doorknobs in the house. It bothered him that the front door didn't match.

My Grow Boxes continue to amaze me.  I have had to add taller sticks (to support) the heavy growth of the tomatoes.  They have nearly doubled in height and width in such a short amount of time (flowers on them but no tomatoes as yet).  The heat (80's) and humidity (high) is helping.  My containers of grocery store annuals (4 to 6 for $2.49) are also amazing.  The blue lobelia is getting ready to tumble over the sides of all three containers.  Never in all my years has this happened.  By now it would have withered and died.  Another amazing thing.

I need to decide where the Comfrey plant is going and get it into the ground.  It gets quite large, so not in the landscape beds.




3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Don't give up, I would miss your blog!

dianen said...

Don't you dare stop blogging. With pictures or without I love this blog. I would be very sad indeed if you quit writing. You have inspired me to try so many things. Compost bins, different plants, Jude Hill's writings, recipes, etc...

So don't stop. Please.

Joanne S said...

Oh, I won't stop ---it's just that I will have to let go of a few things and--well, just change things up. That's what I will have to consider. And who knows--change might make the blog better. It could happen. Laughing.

It's very nice to know I have made a difference in your lives. Because blogs have made a difference in MINE.