Friday, July 27, 2018

Daily Notes- July 27


Soap Bubble.  But It looks like a Full Moon to me.

Yesterday-- excitement.  The Earth box full of Tomatoes and Pickling Cucumbers fell over backward. It could have been strong winds or Deer.  I'm going with wind, as, once on it's side, the Deer would have eaten every green leaf.   G and I managed to get it upright again--the wheels on the bottom making it even more fun.  Now we have cement blocks behind it.

I have started eating panfried zucchini (because we have it).  I liked it when on the Elimination Diet when that--alone--was my dinner or lunch.  I cooked just two zucchini and I am reminded of using more of them on the diet. I have plenty in the fridge.  Well, three or four more sounds like "plenty" at the beginning of the production weeks.  I am reminded of making zucchini fritters in the summers previous.  And a chocolate zucchini loaf that worked the first two bakings and then never again.  I didn't like either.  I am also just now remembering making a low carb shredded zucchini crust for a "pizza". I also have a new spiralizer ($5 at Goodwill a few months ago) so zucchini "pasta" will be a nice addition to my meal plans.

Low carb was fun for awhile back in the day.  Now, just thinking of the amounts of greasy meats and cheese that I ate makes me sick.  A nice salad sounds much better.  Or fruit which was off the low carb menu.  I did enjoy the blood work scores though.

An an astonishing announcement:  The visit to the Attic today produced no surprise finds.  Nothing.  The Magical Mystery that was the Attic has come to an abrupt full stop.  It even looked like there were fewer containers.  Less of everything.  I did find a quarter yard of the blue spotted batik I was needing, I thought, to add to the 64 squares.  81 squares is sounding better.  I math checked the number with G just now.  The sun is shining, humidity is up.  I'm better off indoors.

No comments: