Monday, July 23, 2018

Daily Notes- July 23


The blank page.  Being retired is hard.  I can see why retired people fill their days with lectures, trips and classes.  Otherwise, it's all one long period of time and you lose the thread of it.  Forget what day it is, what Time it is, who you are.

We are into our second day without any sun.  It isn't raining but it might at any moment.  The house interior is dark without any lights turned on.  I've read the newspaper and had my breakfast.  G is still sleeping.  I am still on "work time" and wake up early.

I am at a loss for anything to do.  No book to read.  No baby quilt needing to be finished by a deadline.  I do have a box to tape shut and address.  So, that would mean a trip to the post office.

I have nothing to write here.

5 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

am thinking about this

Joanne S said...

I took the box to the post office-- went to library and met a friend from Master Gardening. We had lunch.
I registered my car and paid the tax. Now, I'm home. Will do a load of washing.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Do you have Inktense pencils?

Joanne S said...

No I don't have InKtense pencils. I went looking for them when you mentioned them--but no one locally had any.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

I'm going to try to do a little drawing thing to show you how i use them. I think you might really like them.