Friday, July 13, 2018

Daily Notes- July 13th


Here is a picture of the baby quilt--sent from my husband's phone.  He can send them.  So I may try sending pictures to his phone and then he can send them to mine.  Who knows???   My daughter chose the backing fabric--I had used it on the other quilt years ago for her best friend.  The quilt was well loved.

I selected the "loudest" of the two stripe fabrics for the binding (not sewn as yet).  My "signature" binding is always a stripe.  I started out with it and will continue.   I have it cut, folded in half and pressed.  Ready to sew onto the quilt.  I do have one, new to me, trick for the beginning that ends up being excellent at the end.  So a smart looking finish.  If all goes well.

Little zucchini are growing on the plants in the Earth boxes--I saw many bees under the leaves doing a good job of pollination.  Lots of small green tomatoes in the Grow boxes.   Three to five baby green peppers as well.  The chipmunks dug up some of the green bean seeds.  I pushed them back under the soil.

G and I managed to find a table in Town for a very late lunch.  The Music Theater crowd likes to eat before seeing the program.  Most of them were getting into their theater seats at 1:45 as we were walking into a restaurant.  And lunch is so much less expensive.




3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Sorry to leave this cryptic and unrelated message. Is your email down? The box arrived!!

Annie said...

The baby quilt is darling!

MariMo said...

Your baby quilt - exquisite!