Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter Everyone


Such a rush when Easter is this early.  So little time to sell all the lilies.  We are running out of everything at work.  Which is good.  But is also stressful.  The churches have all picked up their large floral orders.  So gorgeous in masses like that.  Easter services will certainly be lovely.

I have a 9 pound half ham (one of the sale ones), a baked ham recipe to try, some asparagus and sweet potatoes to roast and strawberries for dessert.  I have frozen rhubarb and will thaw it out to make a nice rhubarb custard pie for G.  Spring equals rhubarb in my book. Oh, and I have to work all day on Easter, so G will be in charge of the meal (with detailed instructions).  I will do most of the prep work today (the pie and sweet potatoes).

G is loading up the truck and we are heading over to the daughter's house to install the cupboards in her kitchen.  The ones that were over the desk area in my kitchen in January.  G is not allowed to go over there without me supervising.  Actually, I am there to make sure the two of them (peas in a pod) don't butt heads and start fighting.  G will fight and S will sulk.  It's never a good thing.  What I had wanted to do on this day off, was get started on the taxes.  It will have to wait.

G is learning so much as a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.  He has helped insulate the basement in a very old house for the past two weeks (just two days each week) and has met some nice men his age. some of what he learned can be used to insulate the basement of our daughter's very old house (and ours).  With heating oil going up and up--we need to reduce usage as much as possible.  There is little possibility of natural gas lines coming anywhere near us--but it's possible for our daughter.  Which would be wonderful for her.

A coworker gave me six beautiful organic, free range eggs from her chickens.  I forgot them at work.  They are pale blue and pale pink.  Pretty eggs.  But she assured me they will still be wonderful when I take them home with me tomorrow.  They are in the fridge at work.

The clouds have appeared outside so time to bring in the plants that got to enjoy some Spring sunshine out on the deck. I also filled the birdbath.  Riley had quite a few dogs to run with on his walk today--so he will nap while we install cabinets.  I have to check for catalogs-- Riley has taken up catalog chewing in his free time.   Best Wishes to all of you.