Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Daffodils


Are just about coming up.  The ground is more brown than white.  But it's cold.  The roofers came and put up a scaffold by the chimney.  G can start taking it down, over time.  Nothing quick.  The little plastic greenhouse is back up (it fell down in the snow of winter) and even with a few holes and a few missing bits, is getting steamy inside.  Even if it's cold.

I am working my second forty hour week.  I know that in another 2 weeks this will be past and I will feel better.  I am tired.  Sleepy.  It takes four weeks to get used to a new routine.  The body has to relearn things in it's own time.  We have fewer employees.  Better equipped to help customers.  Nice people with skills.  I am looking forward to getting to know them. But fewer means we each have to do more.

One is a small square foot farmer.  He stops twice a day to pick up coffee grounds at Starbucks.  Sometimes 60 pounds.  I said I need to start adding coffee grounds to my compost bins.  And he laughed and said "now I have competition".  I laughed and said "not much".  I think I will learn a great deal from him.

I will try for a longer and better post on Thursday, my day off.


No comments: