Saturday, April 27, 2013

What I Need IS A Good Apron


I like this one from 100 Cookbooks.  But it fits sizes 2 to 10.  Not me.  I like that it doesn't tie or wrap. I think it is imported from Japan.  I'm certain that it is very expensive.

I haven't painted anything yet.

I worked on Friday and then left early to drive to the library where I had been asked to be the "speaker" for the 135th Annual Meeting of the VIA.  One hundred and thirty five year old association.  Yikes.  They had a silver punchbowl and little cookies and lemon squares.  They laughed when they should have and were kind enough to give me a little round of applause at the end.

Today--well, I was tired all day.  I taught another Vegetable Gardening class and forgot to tell them my name.  All day long I had a "shadow".  I turned around and there she was.  Listening to everything I said to customers.  It is the best way to learn the job--I just had never been the recipient of such attention in any of the years I have worked.  I never actually knew when she was there--until I would turn and see her.  I just talked to the customers.  Like usual.  She did want to do things herself.

Now that was a bit of a struggle.  If she does the things I do--then what do I do?

No comments: