Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Cutest Dog In The World


See how tall he is?  Just makes it under the dining room table.  He is covered in lines of dry slobber. Never notice that until you snap a picture.  Had too much fun on his walk in the woods.

We are trying to get two shop lights working out on the sunporch for the baby seedlings (to come) as right now the one light (that works) is doing a fine job with the leeks and onions.  More onions. Just a few leeks.  The container of red onion seeds fell off the counter as G was swinging the shop light around.  So, I had to restart new seeds.  We'll be 2 weeks behind on the red onions.  Now it looks like neither of the lights is working.  G is not the best with electricity.  Now one light and the circuit breaker  was blown. Now no lights, again.  May have been a good idea to just leave it alone with one light working.

I was digging around in the seed box to see what I could find in the Tomato Department for next month.  No black or purple tomato seeds.  I was reading that the black tomatoes are quite delicious. Anyone had any???

My trip to the library today was delightful.  I got to practice my "smiling" with several people.  One is about my age (younger I think) and was wearing a charming elliptical scarf that she had made out of an old piece of black and white printed rayon.  Really chic.  And she had on leggings in red under a long black tunic (and black tee).  Very Bohemian.  She's a quilt artist.  Turned her garage into a studio. Now I am wondering if I have any printed rayon????  We discussed the "good" colors for women of a certain age (and grey hair) to wear.  We think black, grey, red and I was noticing a rosy geranium color that would sparkle up grey hair.  I always look nice in the palest of pinks.  Icy pink.  It reflects on my skin and gives me a glow.  Or at least I think it does.

The guy I work with on the Book Sale was there and told me I looked "younger than Springtime".  I laughed at him.

I have Art Club tonight and one member is bringing hollow eggs for us to decorate.  I have some polka dot tissue paper and my Sharpie pens.  I'll use the Sharpies if the eggs are brown.  In the way far away past, I made a basket of hand decorated eggs--brown ones-- with a design drawn on the egg in fine point Sharpie and the background filled in with solid black.  I packaged them in a black woven basket with brown straw. Wrapped it all in clear cello gathered at the top in a raffia bow. They were one of the prizes for the American Women's Club of the Taunus March raffle of which I was Activities Chair (and originator of the monthly raffle).  Most popular prize on the table.  And the other prizes were pretty nice.  I remember this because the waiters bought tickets.  They wanted the eggs.  I never had time to make more for myself.  Or I did and gave them away as a gift.  I have one that is cracked a bit and one other that has a big mum on the two sides with white paint in the centers of the buds.  I like it.

Easter was a very big deal in Germany.  Gorgeously decorated eggs.  Baskets.  Rabbits.  Trees made of blooming cherry or forsythia (forced) with a multitude of egg ornaments hanging from pastel ribbons. Bouquets of tulips, daffodils and pussy willows.  And candy.  Excellent chocolates.

Actually, every holiday was special in Germany.  It wasn't about gifts.  It was about creating this lovely time in your home for your family and guests.  And there were always flowers.  In gorgeously arranged bouquets at very reasonable prices.

No comments: