Saturday, December 26, 2009

Somebody Had Too Much Christmas

Riley is still sleeping. Next to his Christmas Pup-a-sarus and the very squeaky new ball (which he brought to bed with him last night). The big green thing is his Spider, recently repaired and under constant surveillance, in case it disappears again.

The Christmas Burritos were delicious. The Christmas Margaritas too strong for everyone but me. The Pumpkin Pie was wonderful. I bought the more expensive Libby's pumpkin and it does make a difference. But, I lost at Scrabble, again. I had really bad letters. We got a Christmas Eve email with a picture of 60 pierogi on the table at my son's house in California. He says it's better when all four of us make them, but he has his own to eat for the next few days. I made a large batch of cheese and spinach pierogi for his sister on Christmas Eve. None for G & I. We had Parmesan crusted chicken with wild baby greens dressed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

G has returned to work and I am searing a large pork roast with garlic and onions and tucking it away in the oven for the rest of the day. It will be served with potato dumplings and sauerkraut sauted with onion and caraway seed. And lots of gravy. I can hardly wait. My grandmother and father would be proud of me today. I made this meal for my father every time I went to visit him. And, he usually complained, no matter how much I made, that there wasn't enough "juice", meaning gravy, his favorite part. So, now I try and make enough "juice".

The day is overcast with rain coming. I don't know if I want cold or hot cereal for breakfast. This might be the biggest decision I make today.

I always feel a bit "is that all there is" when Christmas is over. Especially when you work in retail and have such a long build up to the actual day. This week between Christmas and New Years is full of parties and beverages. I use this time for reflection. Trying to decide where I will be going in the New Year. What path to follow. Most of those ruminations will be going into the written journal, not this one. I have to also decide where this blog is going. I already have a goal of hitting 1000 posts by my fifth blog-o-versary in October. This one is 662. Yes, I realize I will have to post every day plus twice on a lot of days to make this goal. Perhaps, the goal line will be the last day of 2010?

Cold cereal.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Love your blog, the more posts the better. Just, don't stop!

: )