Friday, December 11, 2009

Roofers On A Cold Day

My skylights have been uncovered but the windows have an undulating blue tarp protecting them from falling shingles. They have covered most (3/4) of the roof with ice shield. I wanted a good roof and I'm getting one. Today one side is getting new shingles and the side by the chimney is being torn down. There may be significant damage there. I'm going to be leaving for work soon. I don't envy them the job today. 31 degree highs and wind. The sun is shining and they are working on the south side, but that is cold comfort.

Survivor was good. Russell has shared too much info with the others. Bragging. If he had kept his mouth shut, well, things might go better for him in future. The Idol won't help him much longer. This has been a very interesting season. Long on Tribal Council and VERY SHORT on the stuff we really like. The challenges. Last night the "bowling" lasted less than 3 minutes.

I untangled the Christmas lights. Three strings in a huge knotted mess. But when it came time to put them on that ugly tree--well, I just dislike that tree. I would rather not have a tree than decorate that one. So, this will be the year with no tree. I've never heard of anyone returning a tree because it wasn't as attractive as they had thought it was when they picked it out.

G is still sick. Coughing now. And sleeping. I have little sympathy. I rarely get sick. I don't overdress in cold weather, run the car heater on high and sleep in flannel pajamas. I don't even use the heater in the car except to defrost the windows, I sleep in the same outfit summer and winter and like the house to be cold. I just add layers. Breathing cold air is good. Less germs. So, I don't get sick and he does. I'm not sleeping with the bedroom window open (even in freezing weather), because the dog sleeps with us now. He would be too cold. I miss having the window open.

Time to go to work.

No comments: