Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Day Before The Storm

Everyone in Town is out getting ready for the "big storm". Like we don't have snow followed by rain and freezing temps every winter. But, like a lemming, I was right out there with them. Getting the dog's license from the Town clerk (who had no change because someone had paid for a $6 dog license with a $100 bill). So I paid with ones and a handful of quarters. And I even went to the Post Office and only had to wait 5 minutes and was treated so cordially that I even smiled and laughed. We pasted Kwanzai stamps on my ten handmade cards, which weighed exactly one ounce, so I only had to pay 44 cents each. A wisp over and I think it's 88 cents. I even went to the bank to deposit my last four paychecks and to the grocery where more things are "not available" due to rain in California. Romaine Lettuce.

I did manage to buy everything on my list. They had my brand of yogurt today. And they had three containers of oatmeal so I could buy one. And tiny little clementines for $7.99 a box. The fresh green beans looked terrible so I bought frozen. I even got a bag of fresh Cortland apples for tonight's applesauce. I discovered we like homemade better. And G eats more because it's so tasty. He doesn't like fruit unless it's inside a baked dessert. Banana Bread. No Banana. Apple pie but never an apple.

Fiber One Bars. Do any of you eat them? I have just learned that they cause some people to fart like crazy a few hours after eating them. Is this true? I have a large box of 36 bars and am worried about eating them now. It's bad enough being "a certain age" but farting for a few hours? Not a good thing.

The Roof. Because of the pending "STORM" my roofer sent his guys over to cover the worst spots on the roof with tarps. Nailed down. A Good Thing. I was really surprised and happy to see them this morning. When it does rain, it'll all stay outside. Thanks, guys.

I was going to go to Goodwill today. For pants. And a down vest or jacket if they had one. Riley wants a walk. I do not. I took him in the car when I went on my errands, so it's not like we haven't "done something" together. And he was outside while the tarp was being put on the roof. I think I will go right now. I have coupons for Joann's and I want to get the new magazines with Deborah's articles and a new calendar. The two places are close. With Target in between. I need to hurry before the Fiber One bar takes effect.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

On Fiber One bars - yes, it is true, at least it was for me. The bars are VERY VERY tasty (I started out with them 2 yrs ago on the "Best Life Diet" with Bob Green), but discovered the side effects. It's because they are so high in fiber, I suppose. Maybe have one for dessert at night? :-) I always laugh when I see that Fiber One yogurt commercial where that lady eats about a dozen containers and says "I still can't taste the fiber!" All I can think of, is watch out for later!! :-)