Wednesday, October 02, 2024

October Notes- Wednesday the 2nd. Chilly- Sweater and Thermal Shirt.


 Everyone is getting into the Halloween Spirit... a touch early (Love the Spider)   BUT I just changed clothing and NOW have on a thermal shirt, wool socks and wool sweater.  Second cup of hot tea as well.  I thinking a generous bag of KitKat in case anyone tricks or treats this year.  I like them.  Or Snickers. I would like a life sized cardboard skeleton for the front door- black and white.... reusable.

Wrote a check for the Water Bill.  I am trying to return to my former "Life as a Prompt Bill Payer". I had to check twice to make sure I had the date right for the check......I think this is something that happens when we don't have a daily, weekly, monthly schedule.  Too Loose.  I don't like saying "what day is it".

Noticing the motor sound of the fridge........ louder than usual.  Not really--I am just aware of it more than usual. Could be because the freezer is empty.

Also considering options for lunch today here at home....some leftovers.....a can of soup.....grilled  cheese sandwich.  Extra Pickles. Three choices....

My Gardener was here yesterday and power washed- as much as she was able- the sidewalks and porch- ran out of gasoline.  We have a better set of coverings for the new Hydrangea ...the Deer....have decided to eat their leaves.  TruGreen also arrived and the new hire- very dedicated to doing a perfect job--- explained his day to me...in detail ..to let me know why he was so late...since I didn't know he was coming- hardly could say he was "late".  He asked me to lightly water and I said "no".  So he said okay it will just take longer to green up......it's October....not much of a greening up happening.  I am anticipating snow.  Which we take care of the fertilizer.

Tomorrow lunch with my friend.. she has spent the last weeks filling out college financial aid packages for the colleges her grandson is interested in.   She did this as a profession years ago at a private school where she worked.  But the times and the COST has changed so very much.

That's it for here- I am thinking of coloring another circle.....mandala.  I am also considering the down knee warmer and a book.....or perhaps the knee warmer and a nap.  All excellent choices on a cold day in Maine.

I may raise the temp on the thermostat......it's cold in here.  It's actually "old" in here....

No comments: