Saturday, October 05, 2024

October Notes- Saturday the 5th. Quiet here in Maine. Clouds and 66 degrees


 Sourdough Bagels.

I was considering buying bagels yesterday when we visited the grocery store.  But I wanted this kind of bagel and not the soft ones the grocery bakery makes and sells.  I wanted the New York Style Bagels I used to get in Florida at this one grocery store.  My Southern friend- visiting- said they were so hard you could break your tooth on them.  Yes.....the way bagels should be.

When I started typing there was no sunshine outside my windows and now- it's everywhere.

I'm dressed for cold weather but- I may have to take the sweater off if it warms up.

My Library email says two more books have arrived for me.  Always the day after my weekly visit. I am reading a book I found a few years ago- perhaps not that long- Crashing the A-List by Summer Heacock.  I recalled all the plot details but not the title or author.  A good book.  I have to check to see if she wrote anything else.  Finding Romance while cleaning out storage lockers.

I have bite sized Shredded Wheat for my breakfast also my very large cup of tea.  With plenty of sugar.  The sun is getting brighter and brighter....going to be a lovely day here in Maine.  I might actually have to remove my sweater.

We got bumped up in the Generator line up....some things are going to be happening...Propane comes first. and then the Electrician doing a new Main Box and then the generator hook up.  January is when they say we will have a working generator. And the lights and heat will stay on...... no matter what. A few houses to go and then the entire street will have whole house generators.  I think only three of us.

Well, I have shredded wheat to eat and the newspaper to read...and perhaps one load of laundry to get going.  I am trying to eat at least two meals a day...plus a snack...I tend to forget to eat...My meals aren't actually meals- more like a Flour Tortilla wrapped around Swiss and Ham.  Or Yogurt and Bran Buds. Or a Banana and some walnuts. 

I wanted a Big Salad...but never actually buy the lettuce.  I do have Bananas and Pears for Fruit. And I have everything needed to make a Pot of Vegetable Soup.....sort of feeling "normal" at the almost one year as a widow marker.  Time went really slow and really fast at the same time.  

No comments: