Monday, October 07, 2024

Monday Post- October 7th. Raining here in Maine...all day.


 Not that we are eating anything like this....but not a bad idea.  Been awhile since we had Chinese.

Slow wake up for the internet here...could be the rain... any thing can interfere with transmission lines these days.

I am sitting here in the half light, I didn't turn on the lamp behind me...with my lukewarm breakfast tea and my small dish of Daily Vitamins.  Which I just swallowed.   I am also sneezing.  House Air. Dry.

The newly weeded bed in front of the porch is filling with rain water.  My son and daughter took the window AC units out....daughter came to do laundry and have Sunday Pizza with us.  Family. Nice to have them both here. And the pizza was perfect, yet again.

I am coughing....congestion.(not as much as yesterday)  Productive coughing which is always better than non-productive.  I had this last Winter and perhaps the Winter before as well......indoor dry air.  I need to ask my Son to go get me some cough medicine and/or cough and cold capsules.....I used the capsules last year at this time... but it's raining. I would also like him to pick up my library books.....it's a long ways to next Friday...but it's raining.  Time on the couch sneezing and coughing- best to just sit and read.  I used to use the time to hand sew....but that was long ago, it seems.  Dog and I watched Law and Order.  I miss him today.

I managed to work my way thru another 3 or 4 hours of PBS Amsterdam crime drama.  Emptying the TiVo one day at a time.  I missed most of the football games.  I checked in later in the day... not a great year for football. Washington...I would watch those games but not here in Maine.  Perhaps if the scores are always 30 something to almost nothing...we'll see some of them here in Maine??? Don't count on it. We sure aren't watching the Patriots.  They should just stop playing and try again next year. Team traded away any players that had monetary value in the off season it seems.  I see them doing a great job on other teams.

That's about it for today...I am thinking-- considering---trying to make some onion soup for today...I have dry onion soup mix and a basket of nice onions....Not the right cheese or bread for croutons.  I just feel like Onion Soup...Very comforting.  I will ask the internet for help with a recipe.

 

No comments: