Tuesday, October 15, 2024

October Notes- Tuesday the 15th. Sunshine here in Maine. 45 degrees. Again.


 Heather.   Trying to do some housekeeping in the picture files.

I woke up.... made a call to the Oil Company first thing even before breakfast or the paper (on hold for quite a bit of the phone call) regarding Propane for the new- (I am hopeful) generator in January....I now..have a date, a name and a time.....  more than I had the last time.  I'd like to get this show on the road.  Then I had my breakfast and read the paper...got one number on the daily Sudoko.  One.  I try not to use the Sudoko as a guide to how the day will go.  But....one number...pathetic.

I have a book for you- Mrs. Quinn's Rise to Fame by Olivia Ford.  Don't all scream at once now- but it's NOT A ROM COM.... A very sweet story of a woman making the best of a raw deal as a teenager.....a woman who likes to bake and fills out an application for Britain Bakes- aka the Great British Baking Show.  I went into this book with a lack of enthusiasm but by the end....gosh.

The Birding Book could have been as good but the author went in for some of the raunchiest sex- I wanted to scrub my eyes..... and it actually ruined the book for me.  Yes....I like romance.  Not this.  Birding with Benefits is not going on my home bookshelf.

I haven't selected a book for today as yet....put extra sugar in my tea...needing a boost.  I am considering a load of laundry...I haven't run out of underwear yet, but the basket is full.

I might sort out the left side of the paperwork dresser drawer (in the dining room)- husband's side...and make use of the entire large wide drawer for "Bookkeeping"- bills, records, taxes etc.....all divided up.  Not one huge pile. Like I have now over on my side.

I haven't started in on the home made onion soup as yet...perhaps today...it feels like a Soup Day. I hope the Sun is shining where you are .....  and now- to make my second cup of hot sweet tea.... and get on with it.


No comments: