Thursday, October 03, 2024

October News- Thursday the 3rd. 54 degrees and 99% humidity. Zero Sunshine.


 I selected a random image-  The Pile for Goodwill.  Pants, puzzles etc.  4 boxes.

I am going to lunch today and am reassessing my clothing choices....54 degrees - I think long pants? Socks?  Sweater?   It might warm up a bit in 3 hours.....or not.  I sort of like what I picked out and am wearing but......might need warmer clothing.... Soon I will be bundling up for Winter.

I need to turn on the houselights..very dark in here.

Yes, I need a sweater and socks and long pants.... my ankles are Cold. Can't wear the lovely red shirt.

Yesterday was nothing much to talk about.  I read my book.  Had a HOT Lunch.  (actually remembered to eat lunch), continued reading my book, Son went out for lunch, came back and I told him a bird had smacked into the window and was dead (unwelcome news).  I also inhaled water and that was unpleasant and is still causing me to cough.  Breathing was a bit of a problem for a few minutes.  Close call? No. Scared me more than anything as I was home alone.

Okay..... on with today- I might change out the Shredded Wheat for a bowl of hot oatmeal.  Change out the pants for corduroy and wool socks....change out the red shirt for something warmer or add a long sleeve thermal shirt under it.  Only ONE sweater is okay to wear out of the house minus a coat.  All the rest are heavily mended.......okay for at home but not public.  

Finding and buying a good sweater is difficult.  Most of the cashmere being sold is thin and has an odd odor.  I don't like either of those things.  My sweaters are heavily mended and ancient.  So thicker and softer and no odor.  The two I have came from a nice shop selling previously owned items. Decades Ago.

All my husband's sweaters were cotton or acrylic......and I don't like any of them.  My favorite sweater is 50% patches....well loved and worn....so breakfast and then out to lunch and then home again to finish my book and begin another.....  and perhaps turn UP the furnace.

Tomorrow is grocery and library day. No one cares what I wear to those two places.  My hair is nice.




3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I just threw out a large box of oatmeal because I didn’t eat it fast enough. The use by date was August 2020 and it was very stale tasting. I then bought a much smaller container of oatmeal. I’ve been craving it.

beverly said...

my son and I have been eating bagels with cream cheese and a sliced tomato from the garden. We love oatmeal with pumpkin seeds, flax seeds , mixed dried raisings and dried cherries. Cold here this morning at 30 high of 60 with lots of sunshine. Would love to see a photo of your much loved mend sweaters. I have a pile of stuff to mend. Need to start again on mending wool socks.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I'm glad your hair turned out nice. No more curl?